Thursday, November 10, 2016

How do I wire up my Black Widow?


Wire up the Widow

I get a lot of questions on how I wire up the Black Widow. I have around 8 different extruding setups that I swap onto my Black Widow so I need and easy way to swap the wiring without cutting anything. So these are my recommendations.

JST Connectors


There are 2 types of JST Connectors for the Black Widows (There is a different set for the Bltouch but I cut them and use the JST Connectors I use here instead) the JST-XHP white connectors that are used to connect to the MKS Control Board and stepper motors and JST SM connectors that are used at the extruder and hoted connectors. Both can be purchased from Amazon (that is where i got mine).
You will also need a crimping tool to crimp the pins to the wires and plug them into the connector.






Pre-Wired Connectors

If you have crazy fingers and arthritis your your fingers (like I do!) then pre-wired would be another option. I purchased the following on Ebay. You will also need a soldering iron and solder along with shrink tubing to protect the soldered connections. This way you do not have to mess with the pins and crimping. I have both options so I can do whatever I need at the time.




Either option will work but these are items you will need to get everything wired up with plug in ease when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment