Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Bltouch - Firmware - Working configuration


Actual working BLTouch


After a lot of experimenting I was getting frustrated with the random BLTouch issues. This is not a fault of the Black Widow (unless assembled improperly!) but Marlin firmware itself. The standard right now is the RC7 release of Marlin which is what I was using but I was having very inconsistent results. My bed is pretty level in the first place but I like to have the BLTouch for clearing any variables with my heated bed. The bed will distort a bit with heat up and I like to have super repeat ability like I had with my old Sailfish based printer. So after testing a roll back to RC6 and not being very happy with it (I had going backwards.. I like going forwards) I decided to go out on a limb and start working with the RCBugFix version. This is the version after RC7 but does not yet have an RC status.
Took a few hours to completely tweak the firmware to my printer, remember I downloaded bone stock firmware so there were quite a few things to change and verify before I could start a print.
But after getting the bugs worked out I was able to get prints done with big deviations in the level of the bed without issues. I saw the Z compensating for the out of level while printing. So I'm hoping that this finally gets the nightmare cleared up for now.



You can download the firmware zip file here:
Black Widow RCBugFix Marlin Firmware

No comments:

Post a Comment